Friday, April 25, 2008

Number or Thumb Print

This was our warm up for today in keyboarding and this is what I put:

I really do hate this new thumb print scanner the school has. For one it was a waste of money for the school. We could have not spent money on our dirt patch of a football field, better or more books, computers, being able to use more things on Citrix, improving Citrix, or anything else. Sure, kids are stealing money from other people’s accounts, but we could just let the school take our pictures and have them come up when we put in our number. I don’t think it takes a lot of effort for a lunch lady to glance from the face on the screen to the student. Yes, people’s appearance change, so why don’t we use our yearbook photos? Other people are taking them then, and it’s not like we’re wasting more school time.

I understand, this technology is new, so it’ll take the lunch lady’s some time the first day or so. But this morning I heard countless people say that it’s wouldn’t work for their fingers and they had to search for their account, or it took them how many tried for the scan to work. When I get my lunch, I walk out of this classroom, chat with my friends going to their classes for about two minutes, go to my table, get in line, buy my food, sit down, eat about half of it, and then the 5 minute bell rings. Yesterday, I did all that, but I waited in line while the bell rung, then five minutes after. I was about to just walk out of line without paying. Jeez, this morning they let the people that had cash go up in front of everyone so they didn’t have to wait, I hope I have enough cash left to go in that line. This was a poor decision that our school made.

HAPPY DNA DAY!! PARTY AT MY HOUSE! (not really)

The video the teachers made was funny, Mr. P was hilarious! The rest of the presentation, booooooring. The video in the beginning made me fall asleep, with my eye's opened though so I didn't get in trouble. The second lady said "um" and "uh" way too many times (67, I counted). David and some other kid were the only one's that dressed up, I thought that was kind of funny. They were wearing lap coats and like, grampa clothes lol.

Fuck, I only have 1.75 in cash...that means I'll have to use the scanner....grrrrrrrr.....

1 comment:

Erin said...

I counted 45 when i heard her