Monday, March 23, 2009

This Is Probably

Going to be one of my last post's for a while.

For about a year or probably a bit longer I have been experiencing numbing in my hand and arm, that has caused me to do simple things such as drop things and has prevented me from writing and typing.

I always thought it was because my hand had been falling asleep, that I was tired, or something.

Then some people started joking around "Ha ha, you're probably got CP from all that writing of yours you little author you!"

(For those of you who don't know, I've been filling journals and word documents with stories, novels, and little poems since 4th grade).

CP is short for carpal tunnel.

Now, I know it's terrible to self diagnose (which I tell people not to do...) but I think I might be starting to get it, or at least something.

I've gone to multiple sights, and I have been experiencing the very similar symptoms. Also, Sam last year had it, and she was talking about the same things.

Now, she was in gymnastics, golf is a way different sport, but you still put pressure on your wrist a lot.

And I type a lot as well, and my hands are always leaning against the keyboard.

I talked to my mother about it today and she felt my wrist and it hurt a bit. She said she's going to try and make a doc appointment for Friday.

It's been so frustrating because it's so hard to write simple notes. Driving class was the worst, my writing was so sloppy.

I didn't really wanna tell anyone about this though because I was afraid I would have to stop golfing and writing...

Blogging has been really hard but I just tended to ignore it because I loved doing it so much.

Bleh.

It's too hard to type now, I'm gonna go read some Huck Finn and then Cyrus is coming over cuz JJ wants him to see his room.

ily.

3 comments:

Sethna said...

Well I feel special that I got to make it into the last blog post for a while....


I certainly hope however that that's not the case and you get sorted out soon. As I said, if I can help in any capacity, please let me know!

Jackie said...

I hope you'll be okay. I don't really know much about it but I think you have to wear a brace on your arm.

*hug*

I'm going to miss reading your posts.
=(

Zhanna said...

I hope that what you are experiencing isn't as serious as you think it might be.