Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ashley Olympics

There were so many events that happened today I'm calling it the Ashley Olympics. Now, lets lest all of what happened.

Field: Work

Event 1
Strength

So today in the ware house it was only John and myself because Larry's wife was in surgery and he needed to watch the kids. The two of us alone had to get out this big shipment of 30 boxes of items. But what's 30 boxes right? Heh heh...well, each box weighed about 40-50 pounds, and we needed to put one on the scale, take it off, put the other on on the scale, take that off then after that we need to carry each one over to one of the flats then when UPS come's we need to hand each one to them....

Luckily everything else was 10 pound after that.

Event 2
Knowledge- SAY THAT LINE

Larry wasn't the only one gone today, Greg in the offices was gone too because his son was graduating from Elementary school- but I didn't bring up the issue of how that really is kinda stupid. So anyways, that left me to have to help DB and Kris (did I mention that Kris is a guy?) answer the phones.

I was kinda nervous because I was afraid I would mess up and lose my dad a customer... Now, when you answer the phone you need to say the company name and who you are and the- of course- 'how may I help you?'

So I sat at my desk and kept repeating to myself "S.W. Anderson, this is Ashley speaking, how may I help you?"

Kris and DB made fun of me a little which I must say, it was pretty funny.

Then I got my call and it all went smoothly from there.

Event 3
Speed

At the end of the day (around 4:25) we get our 'last minute callers'- and i mean a whole shit load of em. So we need to pick up the phones, dial the extension, not let them be on hold for too long, take another call, dial extension, hold, etc over and over again.

In the end we did pretty good, only one person was like "I've been on hold for a long time nah nah nah" when there were only on hold for one minute while others who were patent were on for a top of two....

Field: Road

Event 4
Cooking

Had to race from work to Subway, to Mr. Chicken, to my house, to Get Go, then to grammys all in 20 minutes. We made it there in 19 ha ha.

Event 5
Driving

MOM LET ME DRIVE THE CAR DOWN MY GRAMMY'S STREET WHEN WE WERE HEADING BACK FROM PETITES GARDEN CENTER! O.O

Oh yeah and when I was there I saw Alabert from PE class! (Allison's her real name).

And finally...

Field: Home

Event 6
Fire

We were at my grammy's house when my dad called (who is in NY remember) and was all: Hurry up and get to the house, Barco called and said it was on fire.

So my mom speeds home a 70 mph (i'm surprised she didn't get pulled over...) and we get to the house. There was a fire truck, 3 police cars, and an ambulance. Turns out it was a false alarm though so that was good.

Now I better get my ass in gear so I can play runescape with Zak =p

Oh yeah and I gotta work tomorrow too- another big shipment and it's still only John in the ware house!

ily.

No comments: