Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Omg, omg, omg, omg, HEART ATTACK

Golfed well on Tuesday, shot a 51. Dad made a key point that when I golf at Shawniee I hit at the guys tee's, so if i hit at the girls tee's my score is probably in the high fourties most of the time.

Swamped at work today in the warehouse. FIVE trucks came in today, the day of all days. Larry said 5 trucks have never come before. Well, it came the day there was really only one guy working in the ware house. I tried to pull orders as best as I could (taking the packing slip with the order and getting the parts for it) but I didn't know where the rivets and stuff like that were, so once Larry got caught up with what he was working on we got to those. The skid with all the boxes that were going out UPS was filled to the max.

Got home, and started reading a Dear America book about the Salem witch trials. I couldn't get through it, and it's Devvy Chan's book I borrowed on the last day of school, so I'll give it back to her tomorrow.

Now, here's where the title of the postie comes in to play.

So dad went to go on a bike ride around 7 to ride the high tension wires in the back of our house (that bridge that goes over Vally View is where he would start off). I went upstairs to get my stuff ready for Dev's tomorrow so I didn't forget anything, so I didn't know if he left by car or just rode from our house to the bridge.

I watch some TV, and bring my mom ice packs because the migraine is really hitting her hard. Another load of shit she has to deal with along with her now dead nerve in her arm- which the doc said will never heal- her bad leg from all the injections and stuff she needs to take, a pacemaker- thing to keep her heartbeat normal and stuff like that, if you've noticed the scar near her coller bone- and just plain life in general.

Well I go to look around for dad around 8 because I wanna tell him I'm going golfing on Friday whether he likes it or not. That's all I need is to race around tomorrow. Anyways, I check the basement, not there. Check the barn, not there. Both car's are there, so I could assume that he just took his bike, but there are tire tracks in the grass, but they were there when I got home from work. So I thought he was on his bike trip and went upstairs and then back down to watch TV.

10:00 at night, he still isn't home.

I called around, asked if my dad was anywhere, because maybe he rode over to a buddy of his. Not there. Called his cell 19 times, left 3 messages, no answer. I checked around the house for his phone and listened for it in the garage, but I couldn't hear it. So this is what the situation seems to be:

Dad hasn't come back from his bike ride, which he started 3 hours ago and should have been home, he has his cell phone and is not answering it, he didn't take the car, it's pitch black out, mom is sick and it looks like tonight she'll be going to the ER where they can fuck up her other arm, and my Uncle Scott is out of town.

There is the omg's in the title.

So I call my Grandma, and I go outside to let in the dog and tell her what's up. She say's she'll come over, and as soon as I hang up the phone some dude just walks into the garage (heart attack part in the title). Well I let the dog off her leash and was about to dial the second 1 in 911 when I hear "Shaners! Hey girl."

.................................

It's dad.

He said that he decided to go to bike night at Quaker Steak instead....and his cell phone was in the car. I looked, and turns out it was buried in the arm rest on vibrate. That's why I couldn't hear it.

Mom is still sounding pretty bad, sometimes she'll go to the ER at 3 in the morning. So I dunno. Waiting again. I hope she is okay for tomorrow. Dad will be at work and JJ at summer school until 11:15. I would feel better if she wasn't left home alone.

*sigh*

ily.

No comments: