Saturday, July 25, 2009

50 Years!!

Wow, long time no post, no?

I feel bad for the lack of posts, I just haven't been in the mood for much of anything lately. Been in a pretty big rut yet again.

But I'm back!

This morning I slept in until I couldn't any longer and took a shower, fuzzed over my hair and thought it looked horrible so took another quick shower, and then went frantic over what to wear to the reunion.

After that I decided to finally put some songs I downloaded onto Melvin (a.k.a IPod) so I can listen to them on the car ride. Well, turns out it decided it was the perfect time to freeze (I kept telling JJ that "My baby got a sudden case of summer hypothermia" =p).

Being with how frustrated I've been (at myself) for the last 2 1/2 weeks or so, I had finally had it and started bawling like a baby. Again.

I was mostly worried that Melvin wouldn't work again, I greatly depend on him.

(No. It is not odd that I treat my most fondest material possession like a person).

...

(And no. I don't tuck him in at night, try to feed him etc.).

But anywho, we got to the family reunion right on time (this year it was our 5oth!) and I filmed a few things and whatnot.

My cousin Todd and Olga came with their two kids (Todd is a directer/producer and his beautiful wife is a professional photographer). Ethan is 2 or 3 and Julian is 7 weeks old! Both are adorable!

There was a small water balloon toss, and a silly string battle! Grammy danced and sang while the small 3-person band played. Food was good too. The cake even had a picture of one of the older family reunions! It was really good too! =)

When Todd and Olga left to go to Todd's high school reunion somewhere he left his kids with us. I watched little Ethan and we had a great time! When ever I would ask him for the volleyball he would go "No!" and then look at me, throw it, point and go "Look! it get awey der!" and then race me to get it and land on top of it. =p

Then when I gave him a cookie and asked him for a small piece he gave me this little minuscule of a crumb and stuck it in my mouth! xD

Everybody said we looked cute together and that I'm really good with kids. Which makes me think that maybe I'll major in early childhood development/education and then minor in filming.

Tomorrow I'll be getting up early to volunteer with Denise (a lady in the office building down from my Dad's) at the Richfield Sweet Corn Ride. I'm not gonna be in it, but I'll be making sure drinks are cold and the food is warm and ready!

Then hopefully I can get out to golf with my Dad to prepare for my tournament on Monday.

Fun, fun!

ily.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like so much fun!

Too bad about your iPod.. that happened to mine a couple weeks ago, but I reset it and it's working fine now:)