Sunday, September 20, 2009

Adventure

So Gina had set a 10:35 tee time today at Fox Den golf course.

Mapquest said it would only take me 25 minutes to get there. I left at 9:30 so I could get there early.

I got there at 11:10.

Why?

Because the dumbasses had the address wrong on their website.

Everything was fine, I got off the right exit, I made the right turns yadda yadda. Then all of a sudden when I'm supposed to be turning into a golf course there's a retirement home (that's not even the right address I might add.)

So after driving up and down a few times I pulled over and called Gina and asked her where it was. She told me to keep going up the road and go onto Fish Creek which would be on the left. She also told me to keep driving up past the Hudson Stores and under a train bridge.

So I did and I kept going till I hit Twinsburg and called again. They told me to drive back, I went too far, and that it should be on the right now.

So I dive all the way back to where I was and still no Fish Creek.

Since their directions aren't working I decide to try and wave someone down on the road.

1st, a woman in her car:

I wave.

She waves back.

-_-

2nd, a group of local kids:

"We dunno."

YOU FUCKING LIVE THERE YOU SHOULD.

3rd, jogger:

I stop the car, wave at him to come over and yell excuse me out the window.

"Hi!" *jogs away*

...

Seriously.

There was no where else to park by the Hudson shops and it's bumper to bumper traffic so I called them back again and have them give the phone to the starter.

He finally gets me there. Turns outs even though I told them I was heading North they thought I was coming from the South and the directions where backwards. Fish Creek was really on the right when it should have been on the left and then left when it should have been on the right.

Did I mention all this time I was driving with the light on because SOMEBODY (*cough* Dad *cough*) didn't fill up the tank the last they took the car?

When I finally got there and was paying in the club house everyone was like "OMG ASHLEY'S HERE!" Not just Gina, Ashley O. and Lauren, people that worked at the place.

I made a name for myself and I wasn't even there.

Skills?

I think so.

After we got done playing (did I also mention we got golf carts?!) Gina rode in my car and we got gas and Burger King!

Drove her to 2-Club and then went and gave Rachel her "Get Well Soon!" balloon that I tried to give her yesterday. =p

Watched the beginning 5 minutes of the Browns game, became disgusted and came here. JJ and I are gonna play Left of Dead now! =D

ily.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

XD

You were right. I'm glad you didn't tell me earlier.