Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ya Know...

Sometimes I very glad I'm not so blinded my religion that I can make smart decisions; unlike my father.

He does really make me see how fucked up our government and people are every time I get into some type of debate though.

However I do support my father with some of his beliefs, such as the fact that some type of law should be made requiring you to say the pledge of allegiance and stand and put your hand over your heart.

You live in America, standing up, putting your hand over your heart and saying our pledge is a way of showing deep respect and pride for your country. It's not like it's hard, or painful or rocket science (at least I can't find it to be any of those things).

It really sickens me on every Monday and Friday that some of the students rush to finish their homework, sleep, or just sit there staring into space when we say the pledge on the announcements.

Now, it is clear that part of the fact is that they lack a considerable amount of maturity, but I think it's also because they really don't care and that's really sad.

If you live in this country you should take pride in that and respect it. If you don't, then get out. We don't need you. Why the hell are you even here anyways?

ily.

4 comments:

N said...

I dunno what happened to the pledge here. I remember saying it every day in elementary school, before we'd sing songs and suchly, but then in middle school it stopped, and we still do not say the pledge in high school. I can't say I "miss" it per se (which is apparently the proper way to spell that), but I do always feel a little weird not saying it.

Unknown said...

I have to agree with you. Some kids do not take it seriously... and it really bugs me.

Anonymous said...

Apathetic people need to live somewhere too. :c

Sethna said...

I disagree.

National pride is nothing more than socially acceptable racism.

The freedom to express your sentiments is one of the fundamental tenets of American society.

I omit the phrase "under god" from the pledge of allegiance when I say it because I see it as a blatant endorsement of religion.

Jingoism - blind national pride accomplishes what?

We are all human beings, brothers and sisters of humanity. Nationalism does nothing but further segregate us.