Monday, May 4, 2009

Leaving

Douglas R. Wasson
DOUGLAS R. WASSON, age 54, of Cleveland. Beloved husband of Katarina "Kathy" (nee Arsenijevic); devoted father of Ryan and Daniel Wasson; dearest son of Dick and Jackie Wasson (nee Schroepfer);brother of Tom (Dottie), Jean Mitchell (Pat) and Billy (deceased); son-in-law of Rade (deceased) and Gisela Arsenijevic; cherished uncle of Kristin, Kara, Kevin, Emily, Kate and Kamryn. Doug was a dedicated employee of UPS for 31 years. Passed away on Tuesday, April 28, 2009. Memorials may be forwarded to the American Cancer Society, 10501 Euclid Ave., Cleveland, OH 44106. Funeral Mass at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, May 5, 2009 at Church of the Holy Angels, 18205 Chillicothe Rd., Bainbridge Township, where friends may call FROM 10:30 A.M. UNTIL THE TIME OF THE MASS. Cremation by Busch Crematory. Friends may call at the BUSCH FUNERAL HOME, 7501 RIDGE RD., PARMA, FROM 2-4 AND 7-9 P.M. MONDAY.

Dad and I went to see Doug today and say our good-byes. Thank goodness he was cremated, I don't think I would have been able to hold myself together for very long if I just saw him lying there.

Met his wife and his one son Daniel. Dad did all of the talking though.

I kind of laughed though. There was a candle next to his urn and it reminded me of a part in this movie trailer where this guy is going "When my grandfather died there was this one candle next to his bed and it started flickering and we all thought that was him going to heaven. =)" and then the other guy goes "Dude you don't pass fire to get to heaven...I think he went to hell."

=p

It lifted up my spirits a tad.

Cyrus let me take his hoodie home as well so I'm snuggling in it.

I love snuggling in hoodies. =)

Rayy wasn't at school today, she's been sick since last week. Poor thing. =/

Feel better Rayy!! *huggles*

ily.

1 comment:

Sethna said...

I believe you still have it.

I can't find my senior hoodie, so that'll have to do for now.

;)