Saturday, November 12, 2011

Long Time No See

When I got home from school Friday night and retreated to the confines of my room I found a notebook filled with a few journal entries.

It made me realize just how much I missed blogging.

I originally stopped after reading past blog posts. 4 years ago I was the typical pre-teen: Whiny, random, silly and depressed easily and the fact slightly embarrassed me. However, the memories I recorded, whether happy or sad, brought me excitement.

Finding that notebook reminded me of that.

So I'm going to try and keep up with Laughing Under The Sun.

What has happened so far since I've been gone?

A lot.

The basics is that I'm now a freshman in college and that University of Akron. I commute and my major is Marketing and Sales. My grades are all great (except for math but as long as I'm passing I couldn't give a damn), and I've met some cool people.

I've been with Michael Alexander Dubay for 1 year and 9 months now and we are going as strong as ever. Even though I try not to think about things like marriage and kids in the future (simply because I feel that at 18 I don't need to think about those things) I can't help but feel that he is 'the one'.

Been working at S.W.Anderson. We let our one warehouse guy (John) go and have had our new guy Tom (who I call TomTom...like the GPS system) since July. He's a pretty fucking awesome dude. He's in his 40's, has a lazy eye and isn't afraid or ashamed to talk about it when asked and if you make a good joke about it he even laughs and gives you brownie points. He's been involved in a fighting style called Kail and can defiantly kick ass and take names. His eating habits and skinniness are also similar to mine but he exercises and drinks protein shakes and I've started to get into it too.

Baby sitting wise I've been watching the two most awesome and cutest kids in the world: Makenna (9) and Ryan (7 and Larry from work son).

Have rekindled my friendship with Jackie and keeping up my friendships with Devlyn, Rachel, Erin, Justin and Andy.

In fact, Andy just came over to give me back my calculator he's had for about a year and a half... =p

Got my first speeding ticket. There was a guy that was checking me out in a truck (an ugly old guy...) so I decided I'd put the pedal to the floor and get ahead of him. Bad idea. As soon as I passed him a cop appeared on the side of the road and clocked me at 82 in a 65. Though I can say...I was pretty impressed my car sped up that fast in that short of time. =p

I helped a guy on my OpinionAided app/website and talked him out of committing suicide. Every time I answer one of his questions he always reminds me how I saved his live. Makes me feel kind of awesome I can help a complete stranger.

Got my first credit card. It's been helpful. Managing money fine.

Also decided I'm going to cut pop and fast food drastically out of my diet. Eat more mango's too =p

Thinking about giving my blog a new look, make it brighter.

Watching SNL with mama now!

No comments: