Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tramps Like Us, Baby We Were Born To Run

The concert.

Was.

Awesome.

But it was hectic getting there.

First, the limo was a half hour late, but when it finally got to our house, Mom and I were really excited!

But man, the thing looked like it was gonna fall apart any second.

The driver, Nate, got out and opened the door where my Mom's friend Gary L., his new girlfriend Jennifer (for those of you that remember, that was the blonde in the garage that one night), my Uncle Scott, his girlfriend Gina, and Gary R. with his girlfriend.

And guess what her name was...

Karen! xD

Why do I find this so humorous?

The Vonage commercial!







When I saw her I went "Hay Karen" and my Mom nearly lost it. =p



Once we were all set and ready to go, Mom and I learned Nate was a replacement for the original driver, whose daughter got sick with H1N1. He also had never been to Cleveland before.

Well shit. =p

My Uncle had to give him directions to Lock Keepers which was were we were all going to eat dinner. Then when we did get there nobody could get the doors opened in the back of the limo and Nate couldn't either, AND he also locked himself out! xD

Dinner was nice, but way too fancy for me. =/

I tried some sea bass and I thought it tasted good. =)

Got back in the limo where Bruce was playing on the radio and we rocked out while cruising on the highway. Where Nate got lost again.

It was a good thing my Uncle Scott knows Cleveland, cuz we would have never made it to the Q I'm sure. =/

Karen and Gary. R had their own seats on the ground floor and left while the rest of us got in the elevator and went one floor up to our seats. If you face the stage, we sat to the left. They were some pretty good seats, you could see the whole stage and all that. =D

And before the lights went out Gina went and got me some Mike's Hard Lemonade. =x

The show started around 8 and everyone got stood up and danced and cheered! Bruce was famazing! He crowd surfed too! The man is 60! o.o

My Mom and I went crazy when he played 10th Avenue Freeze Out, Born to Run, and our most favorite, Jungleland.

I almost cried during the sax solo, it looked like the happiest she had been in a long time. I'm so glad she wasn't sick last night.

Bruce started collecting people's signs with song requests on them and played those too! He played my other favorite, Pink Cadillac!

Went down during the encores since he was playing some of his new music for that. I got a hoodie (which I will be wearing tomorrow), Mom got a t-shirt, and we both got JJ a poster and Dad a flag to hang in his workroom in the basement.


They started playing Rosalita and where we were, we were right behind the stage on the main floor but every time we went to go into see him security would kick us out. Soooo Mom and I found another way and we snuck in right past the cop and went right in the middle of the crowd.

Found the limo and got lost going on the way back, naturally.

Made it home around 12 and woke up the next morning to discover that while trying to turn around in our driveway after dropping us off he hit one of the little pine trees lining the driveway.

Did I mention he left like, half of his bumper laying in the dirt?

Oops. =p

Hung out today and then the cable guy came over (sadly his name was not Larry) and now I am able to pause and rewind live TV and record!

That's me, the almighty Ashley!

School tomorrow, semi excited!

ily.

No comments: