Monday, November 2, 2009

I Promised Myself

A little bit ago, not to use my blog to voice my 'issues' anymore and to try and only write about the happier things in my day.

But of course promises are meant to be broken, at least a little bit. I guess my excuse is this post is really for a update and so I don't have to keep typing the same thing via IM over and over and over again.

However there is going to be some humor seeing as it's dealing with my Mother. =p

So I get home from the bus to find my Mother sitting on the couch completely out of breath and grabbing her chest. When I asked her what was wrong she said that her heart was beating very fast and that she could hardly breath.

I told her that she was either gonna call the ER or I was gonna take her there myself and ya know what she said?

"Okay that's a good idea I'll go. BUT WAIT JUDGE JUDY IS ALMOST OVER!!"

That's, what I like to say 'So Saundra'. =p

I took her to the ER and they stuck the leads onto her. Her heart rate was around 101-90 which was high for her but it wasn't too bad. It began to drop and got back down to what her pacemaker was set to which was around 74-80 (her pacemaker is set for 74).

They took blood to do some tests and also took an x-ray of her chest.

After being there for about an hour or so Mom started talking to the old lady next to us named Stella. She told us the story of why she was here and about her rescue dogs. She was really nice. =)

Dad came and was really worried naturally and annoyed that we didn't call him, but we told him it was because we weren't sure if it was serious and that he also had stuff with his mother to deal with too.

I went home to feed the dog and cat and took JJ to Wendy's. After that I did the rest of the laundry and then watched 101 Dalmatians with JJ. Dad came home with the news that "Mom is being taken to the closest South Point hospital because they want to check if she has a blood clot in her lung because the machine they have at the ER here could cause her pacemaker to stop."

Apparently there was a high level of something in her blood that suggested she could have one. Dad wasn't very good on the specifics, although I don't expect him to really be.

A lot of people have been calling the house, and I've been trying to give them all the info I could. I've called my Dad and left a message so I'll blog some more when I get the info about her at the other hospital.

Cross your fingers guys.

ily.

3 comments:

Andy said...

I really hope it's nothing serious and that your mom gets better really soon, Ash ):

Jackie said...

I hope its nothing serious. But just remember. We're all here for you. *hug*

Unknown said...

i hope it is nothing serious, as well.
i've got my fingers crossed... and i will pray for your mother tonight.