Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tats

I feel like they're becoming more and more popular and on campus I've come to notice how many people actually have one (or more) of them. At the very least, pretty much everyone in my close circle of friends has one or is going to get one.

Erin has hers. Mikey is getting his done probably next week. Rachel is planning on getting a few, and Devlyn has wanted wings on her back since she was in middle school.

I've always thought about getting a tattoo but have been afraid to consider one. I think they're a great form of art and I love hearing the stories or meaning behind them. However, it's a permanent thing, and many jobs look down on them.

I'm indecisive at the best of times, and I'm a business major. Both two no-nos.

For a little over a year now, I've been thinking about what I would get if I were ever to get a tattoo.

I don't have a lot of things I absolutely love or any really big experiences in my life that I want to remind myself of in that way.

But after I started thinking about it I really have come to find something that I've always loved, adored, and cherished since I was a baby Ashley.

That something is the moon.

I think it's absolutely gorgeous. When I was little I would wake up at 3AM on the nights that it was full and just stare out the window simply because I loved the blue of the light and how it shined on everything.

It's even the 'planet' for my Cancer sign, which I love as well.

The moon is something that I just think describes be perfectly and in the end, means a lot to me. It's something I would like to always have with me, and I wish I could show it to the world.

A tattoo is one way I can do that.

I'm planning on waiting until I turn 19 just to time test my decison to make sure I'm really 100% for this. And then if I am, I want it before my family reunion so I can show it off to them. =p

My idea is just a simple black crescent moon, facing outward on my right shoulder/neck area. It wouldn't be super big, just a small moon.

Only thing that concerns me is that I sunburn there easily and often...

Meh.

Well, we'll see how it goes. =)

No comments: